Tuition fees

Specifics for Non-Canadian Students

Students who are neither Canadian citizens nor Quebec residents must undergo several additional administrative steps to comfortably settle in Quebec City for the duration of their studies.  Admitted students must first obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ, Quebec Acceptance Certificate) from the Ministère de l’immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec (MICCQ) before applying for a study permit (and visa if necessary) from Immigration Canada.  As this process can take several months, students are strongly encouraged to apply for the CAQ upon receiving confirmation of admission from the university.  Delay in obtaining the CAQ or study permit could prevent the student from entering Canada or from beginning classes on time. Prospective Master’s students should expect to pay around $15,000Cdn for one year of tuition and about $950Cdn per year for insurance.  PhD students can apply for exemption (in French only), thereby reducing their yearly tuition to around $3,000Cdn.  Please refer to the budget put together by the university (in French only). Scholarship opportunities are scarce for foreign students.  American students can apply for financial aide through the United States Department of Education.